If you do not agree, please discontinue your use of our website.
1) This website is operated by Midea America Corp., a company incorporated in the United States and having its registered address at 5 Sylvan Way, Parsippany, NJ 07054.
INFORMATION THAT WE COLLECT, ITS USE AND ITS DISCLOSURE
We generally collect your personal information directly from you. For example, we may collect personal information about you when you deal with us over the telephone, send us warranty cards or correspondence (whether by letter, fax or e-mail), visit our web site, participate in our promotions or competitions or when you have contact with us in person.
3) When you visit our website, you may be asked to provide certain information about yourself including your name and contact details. We may also collect information about your usage of our website as well as information about you from emails and/or letters you send to us. MAC may also request that you complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you are not obliged to respond.
4) MAC may use and analyze the information that we collect so that we can administer, support, improve and develop our business. In particular, we may use your information to contact you for your views on our products, services and for marketing purposes.
5) Further, where you have given your consent, we may use your information to:
(i) Let you know about the Midea products and services that we offer which may be of interest to you.
(ii) Notify you about changes to our products and services.
(iii) Allow you participate in the interactive features of our website, when you choose to do so.
6) We may contact you by post, telephone, fax or e-mail. If you change your mind about being contacted in the future, please let us know.
7) We may also pass aggregate information on the usage of our website to third parties but this will not include information that can be used to identify you.
8) As commonly understood, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although MAC will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorized access.
9) Where you have consented when providing us with your details, MAC may also allow carefully selected third parties, including other companies in our group, to contact you occasionally about products and services which may be of interest to you. They may contact you by post, telephone, fax or e-mail. If you change your mind about being contacted by these companies in the future, please let us know.
10) MAC will always take steps to ensure that your information is used by all third parties in accordance with this policy. Unless required to do so by law, we will not otherwise share, sell or distribute any of the information you provide to us without your consent.
11) Should MAC enters into a joint venture with or is sold to or merged with another business entity, your information may be disclosed to our new business partners or owners.
IP ADRESS AND COOKIES
12) MAC may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating systems and browser type, for administration and to report aggregate information for marketing purposes. This is statistical data about your browsing actions and patterns and it does not identify you.
13) Cookies are small amounts of information which we store on your computer. Unless you have indicated your objection when disclosing your details to us, our system will issue cookies to your computer when you log on to the site. Cookies make it easier for you to log on to and use the site during future visits. They also allow us to monitor website traffic and to personalise the content of the site for you. You may set up your computer to reject cookies by activating the settings on your browser although, in that case, you may not be able to use certain features on our site. Please refer to the "Help" file of your Internet Browser to learn how to either block all cookies or receive a warning before a cookie is stored.
SECURITY, DATA RETENTION AND EXTERNAL LINKS
14) We employ security measures to protect your information from access by unauthorized persons and against unlawful processing, accidental loss, destruction and damage.
15) We will retain your information for a reasonable period, until you request otherwise, and/or as long as the law requires.
18) All comments, queries and requests relating to our use of your information are welcomed and should be addressed to our Support Representative at (973) 539-5330 or email us through our Customer Service & Support web page.